A qualified web consultant will ensure that your website meets your business requirements. Your website is an asset to your business, a web consultant will manage your website project and take care of the following for you.
- Prepare a business requirements document for website developers.
- Act as a broker to provide you with the best website solution for your business.
- Work with designers to get the best web page layout and design for your business.
- Plan the website architecture so that your site is well structured and has a logical flow.
- Develop page links so that visitors know what will be found on each page.
- Review your page content to ensure that wording is accurate and easy to read.
- Test usability to ensure that the website is intuitive and easy for people to use.
- Ensure website accessibility follows government regulations for people with disabilities.
- Optimise the website for speedy delivery to multiple devices – computers, tablets, smart phones.
- Recommend the most suitable e-commerce solution to meet your business needs.
- Provide advice on payment options for your bank, paypal or other payment gateway.
Search Engine Optimisation
- Perform search engine optimisation so that your site is found on major search engines.
- Provide advice on search engine marketing tools, pay per click ads and sponsored links.
- Recommend strategies for using social media to market your business and improve your website ranking on search engines.
- Prepare a backup strategy for the website and/or your business data.
- Recommend security procedures to reduce the chance of your site being hacked or spammed.
- Perform risk analysis and prepare a disaster recovery plan for your website and business data.
- Provide website maintenance with regular reviews and updates.
- Provide training on how to manage and maintain your website.
- Monitor performance and provide reports on site usage in order to raise your profile.
Web Consultant Geoff Hill
Ultimately, your web consultant takes care of getting your business online so that you are free to run your business. Geoff can and will provide all of these services for you.